First Service Appointment

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GDOG, Aug 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GDOG

GDOG Member

is coming up in a few weeks for my 2021 SE. Any issues I should be aware of? I'd be curious to hear any other owner's experiences / advice. Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

4. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

When I picked up my SE, the service manager said "we'll see you in two years" for the first service.

Rexsio likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Silly me. The 2-year anniversary of my SE acquisition is coming up in a couple of weeks so I called Motor City MINI to make an appointment. It's a good thing my SE doesn't have a dire problem because the next available appointment was October 6th! Nothing like my decades of experience at my Honda dealer's service department.

Does Motor City MINI have only one mechanic? I didn't ask. Perhaps everyone on this forum who doesn't yet have an appointment for their first MINI service should schedule it now--even if you took delivery this month.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    endquote, TsylviaNH and azausa like this.
  6. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Wow! That is poor service capacity. Good suggestion on checking early.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

With Bmw i3 on top what they do to SE as a schedule maintenance I have wipers replacement too every 2years .Looks they cut more corners to save $$$.

9. Puppethead

I might have gotten new wiper blades, but since it cost nothing I didn't notice. My dealer replaced them on my previous MINI under warranty so I'm sure they did this time too if part of the service.

Rexsio likes this.
  10. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

My dealer only replaces wipers if you tell them they're streaking. I would think there would be a standard replacement interval, but I guess not.

11. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

I remain unconvinced that brake fluid needs replacing after just 2 years. In my experience it doesn’t take in much water in that time frame…

Matt007b and SameGuy like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Agree. I’m pretty sure the fluid in my 29-year-old Crapolla has never been changed. Then again, the little ol’ lady from whom I got it (for $200 Canadian, with less than 35k miles on the clock) got suckered into unnecessary service by the dealership. There are 43 oil change decals on the door jambs, and another decal on the valve cover showing the timing belt and water pump were changed at 15,000 miles in 2004 (ten years!). But I’ve owned it for almost six years, added 35k miles, and have only had the brake rotors and pads changed, along with three Mobil 1 oil changes. The brake pedal is nice and high and not squishy.

14. Puppethead

Does it matter if MINI is going to replace the brake fluid under warranty whether needed or not?

CrazyLegs17 likes this.
  15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Under warranty on all BMW brake fluid is replace every 2 years after that you do what you do when warranty expires but with all abs brakes and higher milages is recommended to change a fluid periodically a cost to replace ABS is about $2000 to replace a brake fluid shouldn’t brake your bank account.@Same Guy is happy after 29 years his brakes works without fluid replacement but is his choice to hit telephone pole.All cars require to change a brake fluid and a rubber lines in 10 year or 100000 miles or we take a chance to brake with Flinstone style .All rubber timing belts 75000 miles but many peoples not follow a basics.Is a Good think with Mini Cooper SE is stupid bulletproof you don’t have to replace anything . Brake fluid will last 10 years and cabin filter too for wipers use potatoes works well on all 10 years wipers .

16. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

A dealer is charging to BMW all maintenance that how they make a profit and after 6 years my i3 never see a dealer they make No money on that vehicle. But after warranty expire better you take car of it to not have a bills in $$$$$$$.

17. Puppethead

ICE MINIs (and other cars) need the spark plugs and wires replaced every few years, glad I don't have to worry about that anymore!

wessy, GvilleGuy and insightman like this.