First EV9 in Central NY

Discussion in 'Kia EV9' started by GetOffYourGas, Jan 5, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I picked up my Black Light Long-Range (RWD) EV9 from n Tuesday. I’ve only had it for three days so I haven’t taken it far yet. So far I’m pretty impressed.

It’s a large car and although we have yet to load the family for a trip, we all love the extra room.

It is the slowest trim available - the least powerful motor and twigs almost 3 tons! Still, it has sufficient power for merging onto a busy surface street. 0-30 is fine. Passing on the highway is another story. I floored it at 65, and it kind of meandered up to 80. If you need to pass, you’ll need either a large opening or time to get up to speed first. I can live with this but some may be underwhelmed. Obviously any other trim will do better.

Charging looks great on paper. I took it to a DC charger but the charger is limited to 100kW. Still, it held 100kW to 80%. A more powerful charger would have been even better. But even the lower power warmed up the battery quite a bit. It can’t be good to do that often.

The ride is smooth and very comfortable. I will be glad to sit in this thing for my annual 600 mole drive to VA Beach. It will be so much better than the Bolt!

I’m looking forward to getting to know it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

R P, Fastnf and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Very nice indeed, all that room inside, must be a huge change from Bolt. Congratulations and enjoy:)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024