Faint alarm sound when charging or start up car

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by DerekY, Jul 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DerekY

DerekY New Member

Does anyone get a faint alarm sound that last for about 3-5 seconds when you start up your car or plug it in to charge? I get it maybe 1 out of 10 times.

I’m having trouble trying to upload a video or the sound.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

@DerekY, do you have a 2022 SE with the alarm system (not available in 2020/21 models)? When you hear the faint alarm in response to charging, is it louder if you have the passenger window lowered?

I'm surprised you can detect any kind of faint sounds above the din of the SE's "I'M AN ELECTRIC CAR!" start-up overture.

Texas22Step and Carsten Haase like this.
  4. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I have not heard any extra sounds like this on my 2022 yet.

5. DerekY

DerekY New Member

Hi. Yes I have a 2022 SE and with the alarm system. I noticed that when i hear this sound the main instrum panel will turn red with the words “initializing” and then when it turns yellow “charging” the sound goes away. But this isn’t the case when I turn the car on occasion that I also hear the sound.

So whether I am inside or outside the car the sound is still faint and I haven’t determine where exactly it is coming from

(yes I have very acute hearing … unrelated one time I was sitting in a van and I could hear that the driver accidentally left the car in 2nd gear because I noticed the engine was reving higher than usual.)

back to the subject. I’ve sent the video to the mini dealer and I’m waiting to setup an appointment for the techs to see.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    insightman likes this.