Factory rep appointment after purchase?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by fishbert, Apr 15, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

A couple months after getting my Cooper SE, I got an email about scheduling an appointment with a factory representative "to gather feedback on your ownership experience, and answer any questions you may have regarding your MINI and its various features."

Have any of you done this?
    If so, was it genuine customer feedback data collection, or more of a new customer hand-holding exercise? Is it worth my time?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Mine was called a "second date". I was supposed to get a free tank of gas :D, and it's basically just a "how do you like the car, any questions?" kind of thing. I did it because I like visiting my dealer, but if you don't have any questions or issues there's not much to get from it other than forging a relationship with your dealer.

4. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

I’m not sure this is the same thing. “Factory rep” sounds different than someone at the dealership.

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Good point, might be worthwhile.

6. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Thanks for volunteering to see how this works. I look forward to reading your report.

A few months after I bought my 04 GTO I got a call from a fellow at "Pontiac" asking how I liked the car etc. I mentioned that I liked the sound of the exhaust and didn't like the lack of a dead pedal, or the long throws of the shifter. That's when he told me the 05s have a dead pedal, and then he went into the effort spent to get the tone of the exhaust just right. The took the 64 GTO out of the museum and ran it up and down Woodward (probably Milford) with sound meters.

Maybe discuss the sound being wimpy, and we will get a software update with a growl from our speakers.

7. To remove this ad click here.