F56 Euro Blindspot Side Mirrors

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by polyphonic, May 22, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Has anyone purchased these? I would like to swap, but it seems like everywhere has a 4+ month ship date.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

I bought them ~18months ago through ECS Tuning. Great mirrors if you want a wider view over the stock North American set up.

There are many different OEM SKUs and some aftermarket options so you might be able to find another options. Just be careful to match your mirrors features (dimming, heating, etc.)

I’d just order now and use a little stick on mirror for the time being.

polyphonic likes this.
  4. polyphonic

I was tempted by the other options, but yes they don’t include the electronic features.

Did it take ECS months to ship them? The current estimate is 8/22.

5. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

In 2021 I had an estimated ship date of ~4 weeks out but actually shipped in 1 week. This is a common product so should be quicker to ship, but generally their estimations are all over the place. Sometimes it says "ships in 2-4 days" and it takes over a month. I've also ordered some less common parts from Seattle MINI where they have to factory order and it takes months. You could shop around the part numbers and see if anyone gives you a quicker estimate.

polyphonic likes this.
  6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    FWIW I’m convinced my driver side mirror doesn’t dim. Any ideas?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I have no idea if my driver-side mirror dims. Where would the sensor be?

9. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Sensors are on the center mirror. Tape over the back sensor (a clear/white indent near the passenger side.) Then shine flashlight at the sensor on the front of the mirror glass (a little circle of black dots in the center top.)

Passenger side doesn’t dim, only center and driver. Sensors being central there are situations where the side is blinding but center isn’t getting enough to trigger.

polyphonic and insightman like this.
  10. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

I’m interested in the Euro driver’s side mirror. After 3 years with this car I still haven’t fully figured out how to adjust the drivers side mirror so I’m fully comfortable merging left in a short merge zone, without having a gap between the rearview mirror FOV and side mirror FOV.

11. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

When following this mirror adjustment method I've all but eliminated blind spots. The key is to push them out far enough. I am curious about the euro style mirrors, however, since the more safety measures the better.

MichaelC likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

These mirrors give an exceptionally wide view, which I also appreciate. I’ve never liked planar mirrors and put “euro” mirrors on every car. This listing has individual part numbers but I’d probably get the pair as these are aspheric, not convex like a typical US passenger mirror. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-european-mini-parts/blind-spot-mirror-electrochromatic-set/51167366045kt/

14. polyphonic

I drive a lot of different cars on a regular basis and the MINI mirrors are the only ones that leave me a little uncomfortable. The first thing I did when buying the car was to adjust them out to eliminate blind spots. I'm just not happy with the information the standard US mirrors give.

fizzit likes this.
  15. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

did the 2023 signature (base model) come with dimming and heating? i think not but just making sure.