Excellent Tesla battery patent video

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, May 3, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Ordinarily, I'm skeptical about battery press releases. Too many times they 'guild the lily' and never show up as products. However, this video shows how to do it right with a step-by-step analysis of a Tesla battery patent:

Does this mean the 'second coming' of LiON batteries, no. But it shows a path that if production can be scaled, Tesla will have a significant market advantage.

BTW, I did read "https://insideevs.com/news/419546/battery-cobalt-content-limited-now-nickel/" but was unimpressed by the press release style that lacked technical content. As I commented, nickel has exceptional multivalent properties that make it attractive as an electrode. It doesn't have to chemically bond as much as the outer electron shells seem permeable. This is exactly what is needed to embed other ions.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thanks for sharing. I love it when complex science is explained in an easy-to-understand way.

4. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what they say on "battery day". Although a lot of the information from that is likely to be aimed more at investors than anything else.

Domenick likes this.
  5. I'm sure there will be lots of technical talk as well. They didn't hold back too much during autonomy day.