EV charging range estimate reduced after long road trip?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by jpkik96, Jul 22, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jpkik96

jpkik96 Member

All -

I posted last night about HV Charge Mode and have a follow-up charging question related to EV Charge range. I leased my Clarity at the end of June and as others have noted have observed my EV Charge range slowly increasing over the past month to up to 54 miles. When I got home last night, I plugged in the Clarity to the Honda supplied 110v charger that I use and noticed that at 100% capacity this morning the Clarity is showing only an EV range of 43 miles. My only additional observation is that it was raining last night and this morning and the car charges outside....I am hoping the reduced EV range estimate is related to the extensive use of HV mode yesterday and will re-adjust? Appreciate other Clarity owner comments on their EV range a long road trip.....

Thanks and regards

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

EV range is all about your most recent drive(s) and not about charging in the rain.

4. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Most road trips are high speed. I only get around 40 miles at higher speed, so natural your estimate would be lower after a trip like that. It should increase back up once you do more lower speed driving on EV.

5. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

I find charging the battery on gas will reap very little benefit in return. I try to keep my battery full from an outlet otherwise run it like a hybrid until you can plug it in

pinrut likes this.