EV Charging at Indian River Marina, DE

Discussion in 'General' started by porky, Mar 14, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. porky

porky Member

I am planning to take a trip to Indian River Marina in Delaware this month. There is a charging station close by at 39401 Inlet Rd, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 (per Plugshare). However, when I checked Google reviews, it appears that charging is allowed for Marina members only.

Can someone confirm if this is the case or if charging is open to everyone?

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I would call them and ask them if you can use it since it might be your only option. I'd assume they'd be ok with that.

porky likes this.
  4. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Thats 15 miles from where we live, but I don't know a lot about the marina.

Where are you coming from, what kind of car, and how much charge do you need?

5. porky

porky Member

Thank you. Why didn't I think of that before. I called the Marina and they said the station is open to all. No restrictions on being a marina member.

@ericy - I have a Kia Niro EV and I will be coming in from Jersey. The drive is about 165 miles and I can do it easily on a single charge. I am hoping to charge it overnight so I am good for local travel and the trip back home.

Esprit1st and ericy like this.
  6. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

In case you need it, there are some 50kW DCFC on the way down Rt 1. All Chargepoint, at selected Royal Farms. Nearest one is Milford.

Rehoboth literally has no DCFC, but lots of level 2.

porky likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. porky

porky Member

Thank you. Good to know. BTW, what is Royal Farms?

9. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Local chain of gas/food. Kind of like Sheetz or Wawa.