Envelope-style cargo net? Or other grocery bag holder?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by quietlyspinach, May 17, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

How do you keep your grocery bags from falling over in the back of your MINI?

My previous car had an "envelope-style" cargo net which was attached using two fasteners at the top. The MINI only has fasteners at the 4 bottom corners of the trunk area.

I looked into trunk organizers, but I haven't found any that fit nicely. I bought this one at Amazon but unfortunately it's too tall to easily put groceries into:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071L4J43Q/

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. quietlyspinach

This is a picture of the envelope-style cargo net I had in my previous car; this design seems to work well and can be quickly removed and folded in the corner when you don't need it.

s-l400.jpg

Unfortunately the MINI doesn't have the upper fastener spots to install something like this. Or maybe it does and I just can't find it?

4. quietlyspinach

I actually saved the cargo net from my previous car; the problem is I don't have any anchors on the top side to connect the net. Maybe this disappeared on the 2022s? Do these exist on the 2021 and earlier models?

5. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Only the metal D rings at the base. That net looks like it came with DIY anchors.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. quietlyspinach

I ended up getting a trunk organizer from Amazon which I think fits quite well. It's called Picnic by Ascot Heavy Duty Rigid Base Trunk Organizer:

$75 with cooler, $56 without:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MFCHS3Q/

It has a very sturdy base is a perfect fit front-to back and leaves enough space on the side for some extras.

Picnic by Ascot.jpg

flynnguy and GvilleGuy like this.
  8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It appears the positions of the dividers are conveniently adjustable. Can it be folded flat when you need to put a bunch of suitcases in the boot?

9. quietlyspinach

All of the dividers are completely removable. The bottom panel is removable too, and when you remove it folds in half. The sides then fold inward accordian-style and can be laid flat; not totally flat, because the material itself is quite thick, but flat enough, certainly enough to put it in the hidden lower compartment. In fact, the entire thing comes shipped totally flattened into a space that is slightly larger than the cooler you see on the left.

insightman likes this.
  10. Mini used to sell one like this and I loved it, much more so than the mesh envelope type. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! My new SE is on order and I'm just in the process of purchasing goodies for her.

11. To remove this ad click here.