Energy Used Screen

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SocialMicrobe, Feb 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SocialMicrobe

SocialMicrobe New Member

I currently have a '12 Volt. I am looking into an '18 Clarity. I know on the volt I have an info screen that shows the miles I got on a full charge and the number of kWh used. Is there a screen like that on the Clarity? I want to see that to gauge the battery before purchase. No Honda Dealers here have one so I doubt the non-honda dealers will be able to check battery capacity.

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

The Clarity does not provide this sort of information.
    Any Honda dealer is capable of reading out the battery capacity (although they don't always know it).
    We often need to educate them.

The exact procedure is in the PDI that is supposed to be performed prior to delivery of a new vehicle.
    I assume a dealer would do this on a prospective used vehicle for a few bucks, but don't bother trying unless you bring a printout of the last page of the PDI which has specific instructions (attached here for convenience).

Attached Files:

JFon101231 and SocialMicrobe like this.
  4. I’d recommend making a battery capacity test a contingency for the purchase. Arrange to take the car to a Honda dealer and be clear that they understand the test that you want performed. Some will give you the CCA for the 12V battery.

Knowing the miles driven on a previous charge or the kWh’s used is not an accurate way to determine the condition of the battery.

TomL, Jennifer B and turtleturtle like this.
  5. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

You didn’t like getting the same answer here, than you got on clarityforum.com ?

Hoping it magically had one over here?

6. SocialMicrobe

SocialMicrobe New Member

Didn't know I had a response over there. Sorry for double posting.

Boston_Pilot likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

Lol, it’s cool. Multiple ppl answered. We all want what you’re looking for, it just doesn’t exist. HOWEVER a Honda dealer can in fact tell you exactly what sort of degradation your battery has, or hasn’t suffered. Take heart though, it doesn’t seem to be an issue.