Energy usage after 6000 miles and 4+ months usage

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by Raja Nathan, Nov 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raja Nathan

Raja Nathan New Member

Energy usage after-6000+ miles is averaging 4.1mi/kwh, which is 25% more than the EPA which is very impressive for now.
    We will have to see how it is going perform during the winter.
    6k_powerusage.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Good info.

After it was pointed out by GetOffYourGas, that kWh/h "dispenser 'unit'" is gonna drive me nuts!

(kWh/h is kW)

It's also ambiguous. Just exactly what IS this value ? What's the "zero" at the far right? Is it perhaps only a "meaningful" value when charging?

Or ... is one to infer that the vehicle has had only 114 kWh of energy dispensed? (286 hrs @ 400 W)

This doesn't correlate w/ the much more reasonable - but curiously NOT displayed ??? - 1,500 kWh of energy (6,151 miles @ 4.1 mi/kWh)

"German" engineering design SHOULD know - and DO - better.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  4. Raja Nathan

Raja Nathan New Member

You are making great point, I wish VW would have made graphical representation rather than showing only numbers, also showing the picture of the car in that screen is complete useless.

4.1mi/kwh is the average energy used per KW from the 6151mile of driving. which equates to 315miles for the 77kw battery, EPA for this 77kw battery is 250mi.

5. Sjhughes123

Sjhughes123 New Member

Average speed of 23 mph is the key to your outstanding average of 4.1 mi/kWh.

At over 7k miles I average 3.3 mi/kWh. My daily commute is about 70% highway miles with the majority of the highway miles having a 70mph speed limit

6. Dan Dan

Dan Dan New Member

I'm in the market for an EV, so this is very helpful, thank you.

My average speed on my gasoline car is at or below 23 mph also. I get that speed because it is the "carpool speed:" the average speed of running kids to soccer, ballet, and scouts. I can do with the smaller battery in a bigger car at carpool speeds because I assume I also have carpool charging. By carpool charging, I mean: I could have it at 80% at the start of every day if I wanted. I could be driving a seawall through the wind and I don't think I would care at that speed :).

Regardless, it is easy for me to find 70 mph range tests to show the highway efficiency and stats. But it's hard to find "carpool" data. You are filling a gap, and I appreciate it.

7. To remove this ad click here.