Elon is the Technoking

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by marshall, Mar 15, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

You have to wonder if he does this on purpose to get free publicity for Tesla.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

It was really cringeworthy. I had a really low opinion of Elon to begin with, and I didn't think he could go much lower. But he managed to exceed expectations, and not in a good way.

4. LOL... Maybe he should have called himself CrapKing to better reflect what his cars are like!...:D

5. marshall

If they are so bad, why are they selling so many cars?

Your Kona has had it's fair share of problems, new battery anyone?

6. Well, first to market does help, but they are about to be met with a lot of competition, very soon...

As for my Kona, very happy with it. It is a lot better than my son's Tesla Model 3. No battery problems with mine, but the recall replacement will be a bonus gift. Longer it takes the better. Basically will set my odometer back to zero. And all my recall software/fixes were quick and painless, unlike the many times my son has had his in the shop.

Tesla on the other hand, when they had their Model S fires, just did a software change to reduce capacity, no battery replacement coming. Glad Hyundai chose to do the right thing for their customers.

My son did a day trip to Whistler yesterday. He has the long range, big battery RWD model 3. When he left home, he charged it up, and his GOM indicated 448 kms. The round trip to Whistler was 303 kms. However, he could not make it home and had to stop for a charge on the way. His car consistently gets less actual kms than his GOM indicates. My Kona is the opposite, consistently getting more than my GOM indicates.

BTW, when I was ready to buy an EV, my son recommended the Kona, instead of his model 3. That says a lot, too. Besides being more reliable, his interior (and he has the upgraded premium) looks likes a cheap econo car, compared to my Kona (Ulitmate trim). His seats are very uncomfortable on a trip, no perforated leather, or ventilated. Butt gets very sweaty when it is hot out. I could go on with more, but suffice it to say, the $30K extra he paid for (than my top trim Kona) was definitely not worth it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. marshall

Over 400 Model Y sales in Washington state for February. Over 100 sales of the Model 3 for February. Next up was the Nissan Leaf at 85 cars.

So far it looks like Elon is right about the Model Y. It's outselling the combined sales of all the other Tesla models.

9. marshall

Well he just got a bunch of free publicity without paying a dime for it.

Oscar Wilde: "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about."

Angelo likes this.
  10. Well, I don't think Elon Musk cares what people think about him. He just laughs when he thinks about how many people bought his cars.

11. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

He has an often under appreciated sense of humor.

Bob Wilson

12. To remove this ad click here.