Electrify Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by ScubaSteve, Dec 6, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Hi,

I just received a notice from Electrify Canada that as of January 9, 2024 all stations will be changed to charging based on KWH or energy usage instead of time (which was always ridiculous). Pricing will vary depending upon the station. Idle times will apply. At this point, this is all I know. Odd are the charge will now cost us more ... big surprise there.

If only Hyundai could be as efficient in advising us of recalls & TSBs instead of finding out from a YouTuber in America (The Ioniq Guy). What would we do without him? I'd have no battery preconditioning, no doubt.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. That is excellent news, thanks for that.
    What is needed is for the government to make that mandatory for all. I think they are down the road, but sooner better than later as this would take the guess work out of the picture and create a fair and more competitive market. (Just like gas):)

ScubaSteve likes this.
  4. Will be better for my slow charging Solterra...:) Not that I do or will do much L3 charging with it. Probably the opposite with my fast charging Ioniq 6.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

I got a response from the Ministry responsible for measurements last year. They want to adopt the practice but need to ensure it's a fair process country-wide; seems like Electrify Canada bit the bullet and are moving ahead. Wonder if the ability to use the Tesla charging network for non-Teslas was an impetus.

6. To remove this ad click here.