Electrify Canada Chargers

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Jun 15, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. With Electrify Canada expanding its Canadian network:
    https://insideevs.com/news/428806/electrify-canada-expands-british-columbia/
    I thought it would be good timing to start its own Canadian thread.
    First phase of deployment of 32 charging station sites including 19 in Quebec and Ontario and 13 in Alberta and British Columbia.
    Apparently there are 4 already in service in Ontario ( along with the one that just opened in Merritt, B.C.)
    Also the addition of Canadian Tire adding 90 stations by the end of 2020:
    https://insideevs.com/news/393120/electrify-canada-canadian-tire-fast-charge-locations/
    should make for reduced wait times.
    Anyone tried one yet? ( post software update preferred - to see if Kona EV reports 75kW max power level - bringing the cost down to a competitive rate)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I can't see why anyone would charge at one of those here in BC, given all the free BC Hydro fast chargers. Certainly not me...

electriceddy likes this.
  4. True enough, we are lucky to have that support from B.C.Hydro (for now) its free and worth the wait if required.
    Once you roll out of the province... its a different story.
    Competition can also be a good thing as a lot of those locations are close to Petro Canada chargers, and I can't see E.C. accomplishing a whole lot if the cost is not at least similar.;)

5. Recent good advice from corporate:

"Only certain EVs can take advantage of Hyper Fast 350 kW charging. If your vehicle can’t charge over 150 kW, keep the 350 kW chargers free for EVs that can, and use one of the Ultra-Fast 150 kW chargers. Check your vehicle’s manufacturer manual to learn your car’s capacity."
    [​IMG]
    I actually encountered an Ionic 5 that received higher kW delivery on the 150kW machines and at a cheaper rate;)

HyperSmiler and Fastnf like this.
  6. KonaDan

KonaDan New Member

Alberta here. I just took my first road trip from Edmonton to Canmore. Canmore is just outside of Banff. There is a Electrify Canada station here. I arrived at a high SOC, so I didn’t get the max 77 kW. But it was easy to use. no issues charging here. Maxed out at 47 kW

Attached Files:

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 47 kW is a respectable rate given the cooler temperatures and at a reasonable $0.27 per minute it sure beats Petro Canada's offering;)

KonaDan likes this.
  9. Kind of a late reply but I have used EC at a station in Tilbury, Ontario and in London, Ontario...both at Canadian Tire stores. Both have worked great. I did see 76kw charging speed at the one in Tilbury but I was way low in the pack ( iirc about 10km range left) and the Temps outside where in the 25C range on a 150kw charger.
    We used Electrify America about 15 times on the way to and from Florida and all in all a pretty good experience.
    Have a great day!
    Mike