Electrician Quotes

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by QuietMini, Nov 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I live in a condo and trying to figure out my charging situation before I get my car next year. I need an electrician to install a nema 14-50 outlet near a window and he would have to run the cable about 25-30 feet with rearranging the breakers in my panel to have the two that are available be one on top of the other since they are side by side to each other. I knew it would cost me a chunk of change but I wasn't expecting to be quoted $1773 for it. It seemed like a pretty straightforward job. Thoughts? I am going to get other quotes before I make any decisions.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

QuietMini likes this.
  4. Thank you. I didn’t know that. I’m on the east coast and compared to the west it tends to be less expensive. I saw quotes much lower for more extensive work in other areas. I’m definitely getting more quotes. Thank you for the information. I was aware of the EV credit but not the equipment and labor

5. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

Some tradesmen dislike certain jobs and will give high quotes instead of just saying so. So if they do end up getting a job they don’t want at least they are well compensated.

QuietMini likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

This was my comment on the other thread @ColdCase linked: My 50-amp circuit and cable run through attic and walls (60 feet, ish) cost $650 in South Carolina. I had another quote for $1,400, so it can help to get multiple quotes. I agree with other members who say that electricians hear "EV" and the price climbs quickly. The $1,400 electrician I have used multiple times in the past with reasonable rates. But they went crazy on the EV cabling quote.

QuietMini likes this.
  8. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

Mine in Western NC was about $700. I was going to go the NEMA socket route (in a weather proof box) but code in my county requires any outdoor charger to be hard wired.

QuietMini and GvilleGuy like this.
  9. Thanks everyone for all this info. It's crazy how prices are all over the place. I have contacted a few other electricians to see what they say.

10. cmdonnell

cmdonnell Member

$2500 to get a 60 amp hardwired EVSE installed in Northern NJ. Life is expensive here as were an NYC suburb.

QuietMini likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I spent about $3000 getting a new meter (with trenching), new circuit panel, two 60 A lines (two garages), hardwiring install of EVSE, and moving a light switch.