Electric Collection Interior

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by ER13, Dec 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ER13

ER13 Member

Just took delivery this week. Love my MINI so far. I did notice a peculiarity though in some of my interior finishes. Some of the finishes seem different than what was supposed to come on the electric collection. Honestly, I like the two changes that seemed to occur.

First, the cloth part of the seat fabric seems to be darker than on the stock pics of the vehicle. Maybe it's just the difference between lighting...as these two pics don't quite do justice.

Mine:
    PXL_20211230_175802665.jpg

Stock:
    mini-cooper-se-electric-collection.jpg

The second one I'm SURE of. The trim pieces just below the dash aluminum part is black. I've seen this as a light grey on other SE electric collection vehicles.

Mine:
    PXL_20211230_175758859.jpg

Other:
    see Roman and Tommy @5:20 or so.

I wanted to survey the forum to see if this is something that other electric collection owners have (a change MINI purposefully made), or if it was just an oopsie unicorn that happened on mine.

Martha and polyphonic like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Those seats look the same to me, just different lighting.

Your interior trim is definitely a unicorn, though. My trim is the lighter grey, which also extends to the door arm rests. I'll take a pic in a minute.

4. chrunck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is your upper trim textured like this? I can't tell from your picture.

5. wessy

wessy Active Member

Yeah, the interior trim should have been the very light grey. That light-grey trim combined with the aluminum-looking dash panels and those beautiful grey-tweed seats had me second-guessing my decision not to go with the Electric Collection model for a long time after I ordered mine!

In fact, the availability of those light-grey trim panels were one of my main deciding factors in going with the gold-checked seats on my build because the U.S. configurator only showed those light-grey panels available with your grey-tweed seats on the Electric Collection; the regular (non-Electric Collection) version only offered the grey-tweed seats with the black trim panels they installed in your car.

It does appear to be a mistake — or, as chrunck put it, makes your car a unicorn! — unless they made a running change I haven’t seen any reference to elsewhere.

6. ER13

ER13 Member

Yes. That is the same trim.

Interesting . I wonder how that happened to mine?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ER13

ER13 Member

Yeah. I was not a fan of that contrasting line of light grey/beige against the silver dash inserts. I much prefer what I have

9. wessy

wessy Active Member

I actually love the look of the silver dash inserts against the light-grey trim panels amidst all the black, so I would’ve been very disappointed by the (apparently mistaken) substitution of the black trim panels instead. But it couldn’t have worked out better for you since you actually prefer the “unicorn” combo they unintentionally custom made for you — which is awesome! :D

10. chrunck

One of the reasons I ordered the Electric Collection was specifically for the grey accents. The MINI interiors have become increasingly boring (i.e. all black) and I wanted a little color in there. It would be great if those pieces came in blue, but grey lightens things up a bit.

It's got nothing on my old Countryman, but it's better than all black.

[​IMG]

moofpup likes this.
  11. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

hud.JPG

I thought the Electric Collection has a heads up display??? Sorry I am not in USA.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chrunck

It doesn't in the US, no

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I was surprised the Electric Collection in the US couldn't be ordered with the Iconic (= Level 3) trim, which includes the Head-up display. I love my Head-up display. Perhaps it could have been ordered as an option on the US Electric Collection models?

Moving from interior to exterior, but staying with the Electric Collection for minimal thread drifting: MINI's Island Blue paint is so attractive! Has MINI sold even one Rooftop Grey Electric Collection SE? I don't believe anyone on this forum has one. I find it funny that the rooftop is the only part of this car that's NOT Rooftop Grey.

upload_2021-12-31_1-14-40.png

15. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

That stinks about USA electric collection. Everywhere else in the world as far as I know is Level 3+ for electric collection and shadow edition. I have heard stories that the Canadian electric collection is Level 3 but with base audio and $0 credit.

16. wessy

wessy Active Member

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe an Electric Collection model can be ordered with an optional HUD.

And I have seen several Rooftop Grey Electric Collection SEs turn up at dealer lots on autofinder.com over the past few months.

I almost ordered an Electric Collection, and much as I favor colorful cars and love Island Blue, I would have spec’d mine in Rooftop Grey because my two immediately previous cars were both bright blues and I wanted a change, plus I preferred a body color that contrasted more with the multi-hue roof.

8AACB2CF-BD08-4852-B99F-B3E14BA0AA6D.jpeg

And what really sold me on Rooftop Grey was that in just the right light, it looks like a very striking Rose Gold! But the weather in Pittsburgh is quite dreary — we have more rainy days every year than Seattle :oops: — so the majority of the time the Rooftop Grey would have looked too drab* for my tastes under the predominantly overcast skies here. (*Nothing against Rooftop Grey for any of you who might have it; I’m obviously a fan!)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    Denise C likes this.
  17. insightman

My SE is Moonwalk Grey (black top) and I like the Rooftop Grey, too. I guess if someone wanted an SE and there was an attractive Rooftop Grey Electric Collection SE sitting in a dealer lot with a guaranteed opportunity for the $7,500 fed tax credit, then I am sure that at least one Rooftop Grey Electric Collection SE was sold this year. I hope the owner finds this forum.

@wessy, what was the broken image that didn't appear in your post? Did it show the Rose Gold color you mentioned?

18. wessy

wessy Active Member

Yes! There, I finally figured it out… :rolleyes:

insightman likes this.
  19. ER13

ER13 Member

This is true. I did not check that box, as I didn't think the extra cost was worth it. However, it was an option in the US.

20. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

The HUD and the Driver Assistance packages were the only 2 options I added to our Signature model. The HUD doesn't do a lot, but my wife and I both like it for the visuals for the cruise control and navigation.

Rob

21. insightman

Is there any info you would choose to add to your SE's HUD? Perhaps battery %?

I don't want my HUD cluttered with too much info. There's plenty of info available just inches below the HUD. The speed-limit and my speed are exactly what I need to see when I glance away (not far away) from the road. The battery % changes slowly, so I don't need to check that number frequently (I sort of like ignoring it and I always have a rough idea what it is).

22. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

You're right...can't think of anything else I'd add at the moment and you really don't want it cluttered.

rob

23. Did you get the Driver Assistance Package? If so, when did you get your Mini.

Thanks