Electric campervans

Discussion in 'General' started by David Livingston, Mar 21, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Livingston

David Livingston New Member

We are thinking about getting an electric campervan in the next couple of years ...... but the price seems quite well frankly F@@@@@@ huge . Most of these seem to be one off converted cargo vans
    I am wondering how many of these are huge vans needing huge batteries to transport the battery if you see what I mean . I wonder if anyone has thought of making one from this type of van (https://www.alke.eu/fr/doc/alke-atx-vehicules-electriques-brochure-fr.pdf ) there are lots of companies selling this sort of stuff both here in France and elsewhere .
    I could see a small camper van being a good seller add an awning and away you go .
    Electric powered small cooker and fridge well you all ready have a battery . Putting EV panels on the roof ? For most cars this makes no sense but for these smaller battery models maybe the range extending and keeping the fridge and cooking going starts to give a pay off .Even be able to plug panels into home for home use when not using Van .
    What think you good people ?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

There is a business opportunity from REE:
    [​IMG]
    Identical, corner drives with no mechanical interconnect. The whole floor structure holds the battery. Each corner drive are identical or optionally, only two with drive motors. Put an aerodynamic, RV shell and voila.

Bob Wilson

David Livingston likes this.
  4. David Livingston

Interesting idea but a bit above my pay grade I was thinking of converting an existing van :)

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

No problem. A couple of corner drive units and add batteries, the job is done. They are designed to go on an 8 ton service truck.

Bob Wilson

David Livingston likes this.
  6. David Livingston

So 8 times bigger than I was thinking of :)

7. To remove this ad click here.