Electric Airplanes!

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by Domenick, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Domenick

Domenick Administrator Staff Member

There are a number of exciting electric aircraft efforts underway, but to start this thread to discuss them in, I came across this great story, so I thought I'd use it to kick things off.

Basically, it's about a young model airplane builder who decides to make his own passenger-capable electric airplane. Enjoy!

2. siam

siam New Member

evs and airplanes are both great.
    but if both are combined, they are even better :D:D:D

3. Domenick

The Eviation Alice is a plane with a 650-mile range. It will use a 900 kWh battery sourced from Kokam, with cells said to be 260 Wh/kg, and 3 250 kW motors. A mockup was presented in 2017 at the Paris air show, and it looks quite striking. Will keep an eye out for actual flights.

[​IMG]

glockgirl and NeilBlanchard like this.
  4. Domenick

Great video here about what's happening in electrification of aircraft.

electriceddy likes this.
  5. electriceddy

electriceddy Well-Known Member

interestedinEV and Domenick like this.
  6. electriceddy

electriceddy Well-Known Member

NeilBlanchard and Domenick like this.
  7. R P

R P Well-Known Member

Domenick likes this.
  8. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Active Member

I had posted this in the general forum. NASA is also trying to develop a electric plane to further the technology and create standardization.

X-57 Maxwell Electric Propulsion Airplane

NASA is researching ideas that could lead to the development of electric propulsion-powered aircraft, which would be quieter, more efficient and environmentally friendly than today's commuter aircraft.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/programs_projects/electric_propulsion/index.html

This link has a lot more information including technical papers and specifications.
    They are also working on autonomous piloting

[​IMG]
    Artists impression

Domenick likes this.