ecoRoute features (Navi Manual)

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tiralc, Dec 31, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tiralc

Tiralc Active Member

I had a wait in the car, and started exploring more menus. Sometimes I cannot find my way back to a settings page (I see now at the top of each manual page, there is a complete map back to the page, Doh!), I'm finding more detailed information and settings than I thought were there.

For example, I happened on a page this afternoon that graphs fuel economy during a drive: Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 7.49.53 PM.png

Also, there is a page with overall numeric driving scores, including "braking" (I suppose how well friction braking was avoided (?) through regen use):

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 7.49.40 PM.png

I think to use these pages, you may have to first setup your "vehicle profile" (?), page 112 Navi manual. More fun. I need to set things up and look at them during and after a drive!

You get there from here:
    IMG_0223.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Thanks Tiralc, I saw those graphs but didn't trust them. I was used to seeing them in our dash mounted Garmin GPS units where they had no connection to the car so were pretty useless. I looked at the Fuel Economy data tonight and it seems it is cognizant of the car's actual data. Our's read 0.83 gallons used but I have no idea from when it was recording. I'll reset it and use it to see if the ICE is ever running.

Thanks again

4. Tiralc

Tiralc Active Member

That makes sense (Garmin). I thought it strange that it asks for local and highway mpg, since Honda should know that for the generic Clarity, or calculate it based on road speed from actual data. So, we got some version of the Garmin software (searching online, they have a more advanced "HD" version that might plug into the OBD-II port).

Now that makes me think that the "ecoChallenge" braking data may just be based on gps speed change data, and not directly aware of any actual regen vs. friction brake data (i.e. no actual Honda raw data as input to the Garmin software?). So, I guess the Honda Drive Cycle Score/Lifetime pages remain the primary info on driver performance.

5. Everbody

Everbody New Member

A few thoughts on routing. It would be great if the nav system would use altitude and traffic density to suggest when to use HV recharge to build up boost to get over a coming mountain pass or have stop and go energy in traffic. They could gather trip data from this model to inform other users. I'm doing so in a local FB EV group until then!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk