ECON off after SB updates...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Nov 28, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I saw Ghaleon's post on this that ECON is set back to off after updates. Could this be some of the mysterious source of complaints for ICE running too much after updates applied? I'll admit, I keep mine set in ECON mode, so I might not think to check to make sure it is on as I just take it for granted...

KentuckyKen likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I interpreted @Ghaleon's post to mean he took the car in with ECON Mode turned on and found it was turned off after the update. I don't believe he implied he cannot get his Clarity to stay in ECON Mode now.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  4. Ghaleon

Ghaleon New Member

That is correct, ECON was toggled off after the service where I generally leave it on. There was no difficulty turning it back on. I only mentioned it in the event that it being turned off during service was causing confusion for the original poster in the other thread regarding ICE behavior.

5. leop

leop Active Member

The changes in engine run behavior after the SB updates are present after the ECON mode is turned back on. BTW, all of the learned behavior of the system (such as the mileage v. charge, etc.) is reset to the default after the SB updates.

LeoP

6. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

For those of us who are queasy about our service department's knowledge level on things like applying updates, that is good information, as it allows us to know that they actually did something.

KentuckyKen and insightman like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.