Due to recent amount of hate for Tesla or EVs in general, does anyone regret purchasing a Tesla?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by mrsmith128, Jan 28, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. mrsmith128

mrsmith128 New Member

I have had interest in getting a Tesla for a while as I am into tech and how quick the cars are. After purchasing my Model Y LR months ago, I have come across a lot hate for this car, mostly just online comments from videos I watch. Sometimes I feel a little ashamed on what people think of me owning one, worry about road rage, car getting keyed, etc I love the car so far and I haven't had anybody say anything irl bad to me, just seeing a lot of haters and questioning if I made a bad decision of getting one. I do charge at home and haven't had any issues in the cold weather.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Brewha

Brewha New Member

No regrets. Best car I have ever owned. Better than my, V8 Mustang, '88 corvette, '76 280Z, G35, G37...and so on.
    Haters gonna hate....

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Nod your head indicating you heard them. With my 2019 Model 3 Std Rng Plus, I reply:
    • $2.50 to drive 100 miles around town.
      • Does not include 15% free charging miles by merchants who like EV customers.
    • $3.50 to drive 100 miles on the highway using SuperChargers.
      • $3.00 by staying at motels with free breakfasts and overnight charging.
    I tell them my Tesla does everything my previous cars did but differently. It is an applied IQ test.

Bob Wilson

5. Brewha

Brewha New Member

Sandy Munro pointed out that engineering cars is 10% technology and 90% psychological. And that car purchases are based on emotions more than practicality.

Add this to the knuckle dragging general population and you get coal rolling EV haters.

Welcome to America!

6. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

There's nothing in the news that leads me to suspect the car will attract more road rage then any other car. Around here, I don't think the car would be more susceptible to keying. Teslas are very common here.

The car has video recording. So it would seem kind of stupid to mess with the car and driver.

While I have mixed thoughts about Elon, the model 3s and model Ys are pretty good cars, and I wouldn't mind having one.

I think I would just ignore the comments on the Internet, and enjoy the car.

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Brewha

Brewha New Member

Defiantly ran into some haters online, but never in real life. Most people I have shown the car to a) can’t believe a car enthusiast like me would buy an “electric”, b) have no idea what they are looking at, and c) just….don’t…get…it….

If you would like a sampling from a cross section of what Americans think, I have a treat for you; I have long posted on another site. This one is hosted by a cigar auction company (take a moment and visualize the demographic). Someone started a thread titled “Electric Vehicles - What does the future hold?”. Here people have posted “proof” that EVs are not “viable”. Really, trust me. They did.

I’ll post a link

9. Brewha

Brewha New Member

Maam, there are people that will hate you for driving a junker, for driving a BMW (I can see that), for driving a big gas guzzling SUV, or even a motorcycle.
    You made a good choice - and it is who you are - own it.

Haters gonna hate (ts)

Madeindex likes this.