Drivetrain error?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moncureww, Jun 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I have like 18 miles on my 2023 Mini Cooper SE that I just picked up from passport in Alexandria Virginia. Upon driving it off I noticed a drive train error code. I called my motoring advisor and he said it’s pretty common and to bring it by service in the morning. Has anyone else ever had this error? Is it common like they say?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

No, not common based on my reading of this forum.

4. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Yeah that’s what I thought. The error message indicates that it is safe to drive. I did notice a funny shimmy when naturally decelerating and I’m wondering if there’s just a problem. The car had a service ticket and took a while to get out of the distribution center. I’m wondering what that service ticket was they said it was cleared. It showed up as a little yellow sign as I was driving off. I think it was there when I drove off the car. No fun!

5. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I just read that others have experienced the same issue. Regardless it’s charging right now and I’m dropping it off at the dealer at 7:30 AM tomorrow for service.

6. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Read my previous post is not only you

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

Took delivery of a 2023 Mini Cooper SE in November 2022 and have not seen the drive train error code..

9. It showed up on mine when I took ownership. It's normal if the car is new and was not first charged to 100%. The first charge to 100% takes it out of "transport" mode or whatever they call it. As soon as you charge to 100%, the message disappears. The dealership gave me mine at 43%, and it didn't take long for the drivetrain message to show up.

SameGuy and Puppethead like this.
  10. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

In my case i own 2022 for 2 years January 3 rd a car was very unpredictable in a beginning was going to reduce charging for quite a while with my Cripper Creek L2 charger which I use for BMW I 3 for 6 years no issue and drive train message come up to later too which I ignored . Now after 2 years with 2 years maintenance schedule done car is acting like should from day one.Car was picup from dealer with 100% battery charge with cold winter weather and 60 miles drive take me home with 40 miles remain .Im very happy with SE and I ignore those minor messages as long your display is NOT 100% RED a car solve those issue on its own .One more problem once a while when I charge I have to unplug charging plug bc in first approach car is going to reduce charging second plug in is maximum charging and I know how to set charging to L 2 ,but I can live with that bc I charge SE every 2 weeks up to 80% or 100% depends how long is my trip and a SE is sitting in garage with 65” F and I never use preheating bc my interior and IMG_1085.jpeg battery stay in 65” overnight .