Drive Button

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by VictorPaco, Dec 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. VictorPaco

VictorPaco New Member

So my 2020 Kona EV Drive button will not depress. I had the car towed to Hanlees Hilltop Hyundai in Richmond CA on Thursday Dec 2nd. I am leasing the car and was expecting a loaner or that Hyundai would pay for a car rental. They told me they would first have to see what the issue was so I would need to pay for my own car rental! Today Dec 7th, 5 days later they finally called back and said their main technician was out for a few days and got around to looking at the car today! They claim there was some sort of debris that was causing the Drive button not to depress! I keep my car in immaculate clean condition so I don't believe their story. Hanlees Hyundai refuse to reimburse me for the car rental and also are charging me 1.5 hrs labor to remove the debris.
    Anyone has had this issue where the Drive button will not depress?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I hate Hanlees. They gave me a huge run-around when I was looking to buy mine ... I go to Future Ford / Hyundai in Concord. They have been great. (I also live closer to them than Richmond). I ALWAYS am provided a ride or a loaner (if they need car for more than a day).

PS - I've never had an issue with the DRIVE Button...

4. KonaScot

KonaScot Active Member

Never had a debris issue (2020 Ultimate), but did have one occasion when, from park, i couldn't shift it into drive or reverse, and was lucky to get it into neutral for being loaded on the truck. Dealer did some sort of update/reload of software and it hasn't recurred in over a year. Look back at old threads here and you'll likely find one describing my situation. Yours may or may not have been different. (5 days to troubleshoot your car is absurd.)