Does the dealer give the code for free charging at Electrify America?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Bommai, Apr 21, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bommai

Bommai New Member

Does the dealer or hyundai give me the code for free 2 year charging? My dealer did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. No, you need your VIN and engine (or motor) code which is printed on the window sticker. You can sign up through the EA app with that info.

electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  4. Bommai

Bommai New Member

I got it today and successfully signed up. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Esprit1st and Domenick like this.
  5. 10sqmiles

10sqmiles New Member

I took delivery two weeks ago, the salesperson at the dealer got me signed up before I left the store, ran be through the Hyundai app as well

6. Joe Ventre

Joe Ventre New Member

When you say you sign up using the VIN and engine code what do you mean. I didn’t see where to enter that info when I created my EA account.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Glenn Gore

Glenn Gore Member

Sometimes it can be a little tricky to initiate a charge at an EA station. It’s best to plug in first, then activate the unit you want to use on the EA app, then swipe on the app to start charging. You never touch the interface on the charging unit itself. If things are not done in the correct order (and rather quickly) the session will re-set. You have to use the app because that is where your free charging credits are stored. If you try to use just the interface on the charging unit itself, you will not get the free charging.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

electriceddy likes this.
  9. It would be nice if those credits could be used without the "app", there are those that only have access to alternate payment methods;)

10. Shawn EVD

Shawn EVD New Member

Anybody in Canada know if Electrify Canada has free charging with I 5 purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Members of another forum say no.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. You go into the app, go to account and then premium offers. Then select enrollment code, enter you information and it should work.

Sorry for the late answer, for some reason I stopped getting notifications for all my forums.

14. Perhaps it's a different procedure for the I5 compared with the EV6. After installing the Kia Access app and syncing it to the car, the app displays the code for Kia Charge Pass for use with Electrify America. My dealer also handed me the same code at the time of purchase.

15. Patrick.5479

Patrick.5479 New Member

I purchased my new Ioniq 5 just yesterday, 8/5/2022. I was instructed to use the last 8 digits of the engine code. I tried several times the EA App says that it is “not” a valid number. When I called the salesman, he said to to try to use the last 9 digits, instead. Of course that did not work either. I sent the salesman a copy of the page from my iPhone, and now he says that he will take care of it. They worry, a lot, about the evaluation that they get from their customers. I am told, by two of the dealership staff, that anything less than a perfect score is not acceptable to Hyundai Management. I am hopeful that the salesman will worry enough about my feedback to get this problem worked out.