Does the Clarity have any sense of "pitch"

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by MrNodozo, Apr 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MrNodozo

MrNodozo New Member

To borrow an aviation term, the pitch of the aircraft determines if you're pointed below, at, or above the horizon.

I ask this because when using cruise control in downhill stop-and-go traffic, the ride acceleration/braking is much more pronounced. It feels like it's ignoring the hill's slope and accelerates too quickly. It also feels like the brakes are slammed on if traffic stops further down the hill.

Just curious...thanks in advance.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Sort of? Not sure if it's just measuring acceleration or if it has a gyroscope to actually know it's on a hill, but ACC definitely accelerates less on downhill and takes advantage of gravity IME.

On uphill, if I set ACC below the current speed, it'll let the hill slow it down instead of braking and then having to immediately accelerate to get up the hill.

4. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if it didn't. However, it may not be tied to the ACC logic. Even the base models have built-in GPS, but the base doesn't have the app.

My last car, a 2017 Civic Si, had accelerometers for all directions: lateral, fore and aft.

With the GPS, you do get elevation. You have a round rudder control and don't have to use your feet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app