Digital key for kona

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Fuzzy, Dec 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Member

Just got a used 2021 kona. Came with 1 fob. Trying the hyundai digital key app but it won't open, says I have to sign up for it. I've signed into my blue link, but see no options for digital key. Any suggestions?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I could be wrong but I don't think the Kona EV is equipped with NFC or low energy Bluetooth tech to take advantage of the virtual key. I understand its a feature in the US on the newer Sonatas and Ioniq 5

4. You can start the Kona with a NFC card placed on the wireless charging pad or a smart phone with the digital key app. The Kona doesn't include a NFC card but it may be purchased separately.

5. Ginginova

Ginginova Active Member

Kona, NFC, from when? :rolleyes:

6. Our 2022 Kona EV Limited has "Digital Key" listed on the sticker under Comfort & Convenience. I tested the app and it works. They sell the Hyundai NFC cards separately.

apu and Ginginova like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Member

Thanks everyone but I looked on my sticker and it's not listed for the 2021

9. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

The fob itself is effectively a passive NFC type device so it can be used sans battery in proximity to
    the power button to start up. A card held elsewhere isn't so different...

_H*

10. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Member

Hi thanks. Yeah my problem is i got the car used and it only came with 1 fob. So I was hoping it had the digital key for a backup