Delivery wait times, and access to test drive vehicles

Discussion in 'General' started by KarriO, Dec 17, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KarriO

KarriO New Member

I'm curious, what do you find the delivery wait times and access to test drives at dealers look like in your area? I'm in Toronto, Canada, and I think Canada-wide it seems that wait times have got stuck at 2-3 years now. Am I right? And there are no test drive vehicles available either. At least with the Kia EV6 I found that no dealer in the area generally has had many, if any test drive units available this year.

Will things get better in 2023? Time will tell. In the meanwhile, I visited the Plug 'N Charge EV Discovery Centre in Vaughan, near Toronto this week. They're a unique place even globally speaking in that they're a non-profit org who offer people access to test drives and information about EVs free of charge. While they of course can't have all of the hot new EV models available, they have a pretty fairly impressive range from the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 to the Bolt EUV, and Volvo XC40. I don't know if this would be relevant to anyone here, whether you're in the area or close enough to check out the Centre, but here's the interview I did there:

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

There are periodic EV days when owners get together for a car show. Sit and fit and negotiate an offsite test drive (event insurance limits.)

Bob Wilson

electriceddy likes this.
  4. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

My local Hyundai dealer has an Ioniq 5 and Kona electric and ICE vehicles that are demo only for test drives. It's a great way to get people to try them out since like you mention most don't have anything on their lots.