Deeper look at the Ioniq 6

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 6' started by Regnaston, Aug 17, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Found this video today. I like the lines of this car

ScubaSteve, dark night and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Inside EVs posted a video and article about the Ioniq 6's efficient aerodynamic design.

4. We also have this walkaround video from last week's LA Auto Show.

5. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

Like most new EV’s, limited production is forecast for this EV next year. Excitement has turned into disappointment….again!

Domenick likes this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

And with limited production comes the onerous Dealer Market Adjustments. I guess if your dislike for Elon surpasses your disgust with greedy dealers, you'll be willing to pay more than the price of a Model 3 to drive the unique Ioniq 6.

rcarter3636 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I think the market adjustments will be a thing of the past when this finally hits dealers. Pricing in the auto market is changing pretty quickly, used cars are getting cheaper and market adjustments are starting to wilt as well. In "normal" times, a a market adjustment could appear on a vehicle with huge demand and limited supply, so it's still possible dealers might tag on a few grand, but I feel it's unlikely in this case.

insightman and electriceddy like this.
  9. Kayle Clements

Kayle Clements New Member

reminds me of old SAABs and Porche's. I love this new look. I believe I will be trading in my 23 Leaf for one of these as soon as I can.

dark night, electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  10. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Since this thread has several videos, here is one more:

As I'd pointed out in another thread, the Ioniq 6 seems to be the nearest competitor to my high mileage, Model 3.

Bob Wilson

Domenick likes this.
  11. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

No heated steering wheel until you go to the highest trim. Wow!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've posted a request for a Monroney sticker from an Ioniq 6 but nothing, yet. I also checked Fueleconomy.gov and still no Ioniq 6. However, I did find the EPA test car data for the Ioniq6.

It turns out that the rear wheel Ioniq 6 and Tesla Model 3 are listed with the same test weight, 4,250 lbs (1,928 kg.) Then I graphed the drag using their roll down coefficients and lost interest:
    upload_2023-4-30_8-3-12.png
    • The drag power curve will the proportional to the drag force curves
    • The Ioniq 6 drive train would have be shockingly more efficient than the Model 3
    I have lost any curiosity about the Ioniq 6. Sheet metal art does not pay the electric charging bill.

One good thing is now I can easily calculate the drag force of all electric cars at 35 mph and 70 mph. I have been frustrated at early car reviews that don't give us an efficiency curve for reviewed cars. Problem solved.

Bob Wilson