DC charging problems

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by The Dude, Feb 11, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Dude

The Dude New Member

Hoping someone has some ideas what is going on with my Clarity EV. For the past two months I've been experiencing extremely poor performance from both Chargepoint and EVgo DC fast chargers. Charge speeds dropping after a few minutes of charge time. In most cases, topping out at 22kWh and dropping from there. Battery capacity not near or approaching 75%.
    Some recent stats:
    8.32 kWh in 33 min
    6.269 kWh in 16.5 min
    5.71 kWh in 20 min
    6.93 kWh in 20 min

3 trips to the service department and they say the car checks out fine, although interestingly neither of the two service departments has a DC fast charger.
    I'm in northern California, so it's not weather related.
    Anyone have thoughts on what's going on?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. delrey

delrey New Member

Hmmm, that's not great. If any of those charging stations are near me, I can give them a try so you can tell the service department about the problem.
    Did you have the service bulletin (something related to dirty power causing charging problems) applied?

4. bfd

bfd Active Member

You must be in the BEV. I don't think the majority of Clarity models (PHEV) accept fast charge rate. With as little as dealers know about the PHEV - I am almost certain they know next to nothing about a BEV. They plug it in to the computer, see no faults, and claim "everything checks out". Is it possible that you're on a scheduled charge and that's somehow interfering? Otherwise, no clues. The BEV's a different animal.