Cruise and FSD

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Aug 20, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

As much as we have chafed at the limits and progress of FSD, it could be worse:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/19/cruise-halves-fleet-san-francisco-robotaxis

General Motors’ Cruise autonomous vehicle unit has agreed to cut its fleet of San Francisco robotaxis in half as authorities investigate two recent crashes in the city.
    The state department of motor vehicles asked for the reduction after a Cruise vehicle without a human driver collided with an unspecified emergency vehicle on Thursday.
    “The DMV is investigating recent concerning incidents involving Cruise vehicles in San Francisco,” the DMV said on Saturday in a statement to the Associated Press. “Cruise has agreed to a 50% reduction and will have no more than 50 driverless vehicles in operation during the day and 150 driverless vehicles in operation at night.”
    The development comes just over a week after Californiaregulators allowed Cruise and the Google spinoff Waymo to operate autonomous robotaxis throughout San Francisco at all hours, despite safety worries spurred by recurring problems with unexpected stops and other erratic behavior.
    . . .

Our often frustrating FSD experiences have helped to refine the system. But taking a step too far and fast, like 'cruise', could severely set everything back. There are FSD enemies, O'Dowd, Cummings, and some foolish politicians, who are ready and willing to kill it.

So while we wait on V12, I have a backlog of maintenance to do to my 2019 Model 3 Std Rng Plus. Among my 'to do list' are a failed ultrasonic sensor, damaged under body panels, redesigned upper control arms, finding the mythical 'battery reserve,' and aerodynamic tuning.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.