Cost to replace lost key fob

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by PeteWagner, Jul 5, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I started the day unable to find my key fob (I still had my spare). So I called my dealer and got a price for a replacement. Just the Fob no mechanical key, no programming, $499 !!

Holy Cow. I went though the house tipping over chairs and found it under my recliner. I'm so relieved to save the $500 plus that it would cost to replace.

Moral to the story: Keep close track of your key fobs, they are serious to replace.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

4. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

Yes, I had heard this so first day I clipped on two Tile finders tobthe two fobs. (Can’t offer opinion vs other keyfinders as per bobcubsfan but i’ve used Tile for years and seems worth it.)

ClarityDoc likes this.
  5. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

100 foot range is limiting. But better than nothing. Uses Bluetooth. Any other method would eat up too much power. Wi Fi for example.

6. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Related question: Anyone know if Honda will replace the mechanical key without requiring you to pay for the whole fob? I'd imagine the mechanical key should be under $50.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

9. Valente

Valente Active Member

I left my fob in my pants pocket that went through the washing machine. uh oh. Took a deep breath and it still works.