Converting Bolts to Studs?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by MoganDonald, Nov 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MoganDonald

MoganDonald New Member

Hi folks

I plan on getting new aftermarket wheels (BBS Wheels 5x112) that need ball seat wheel bolts for proper fastening. Instead of buying a new set of wheel bolts, I am considering just get a conical seat stud conversion kit and a set of conical seat lug nuts so that I can put my stock wheels back on in the winter.

Also I know that studs will make it easier to put wheels back. Moreover if you need to add spacers for whatever reason it’s going to be easier by adjusting the thread turns, no need of another set of longer bolts.

Funny is I watched an studs conversion example of this Mini Cooper S(https://www.bonoss.com/portfolio-items/bonoss-forged-wheel-spacers-titanium-wheel-stud-conversion-for-mini-cooper-s-cai), those Titanium studs look really nice.
    [​IMG]
    Money is never a problem, as long as it is high quality and exactly fit my car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I just switched my SE from the original Power Spoke rims to the Loop Spoke rims on which I'll be putting winter tires. I'm glad @F14Scott turned me on to these wheel hanger bolts; they made it very easy to mount the wheels. Of course, having studs would make mounting even easier if, indeed, cost is no object. And everything goes better with titanium.

F14Scott likes this.