Considering the Clarity but afraid of the suede..anyone get stains on it and clean it off? coffee?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ghettozoo, Apr 9, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ghettozoo

Ghettozoo New Member

I have the Prius v and the console was covered in fabric, black, but spots and stains showed up quickly and even when i clean it they seem to come back. This makes me leary of all the suede especially in rear doors, and front doors. I see coffee splash stains, finger prints, and newsprint etc....How is your interior holding up? any other long term use problems?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Only 2 months of ownership with the beige suede. I had similar concerns so I Scotchguarded the you know what out of it. It did not change the appearance at all and now liquids run off with out soaking in (don’t ask me how I know!). Hopefully that will take care of things but only time will tell.

4. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

You can buy the base model, which doesn't have the ultra-suede panels. Those have smooth leatherette instead. The car is the same as Touring but lacks leather, navigation (Google maps on your phone to the display works much better), power/memory seats. You do save $3000 though.

Ghettozoo likes this.
  5. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

It's C$4,000 difference between the base ($39,900) and Touring model ($43,900) for Canada. Unless you really want the leather seat or the suede, not really worth it in Canada as they take away the power/memory seat from the Canadian Touring