Comments on the Display Interface

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ray B, Sep 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

A few comments on the UI:
    • I have had a few hiccups with Waze running on the display. Sometimes it is the white background with no map showing and no response to touching the input areas like the menu. The only way to get it working is to disconnect the phone and shut down Waze and then connect the phone and try again. This seems to make it work. It has happened 3 or 4 times since I picked up the car 13 days ago.
    • I find that sometimes the display stops responding to touch input, and I suspect it is related to how hot the display gets while sitting in the sun. Even after the climate control works to cool the car down, the display is probably generating its own heat, plus absorbing a lot with its black bezel when in direct sunlight. Not sure if the heat and occasional no response to touch are related or if it was a coincidence. Will a stylus work (the soft rubbery kind?) – I’ll have to try it.
    • I listen to podcasts using the PocketCast app on Android Auto, but I wish there were more functions and controls like fast forward or jump ahead 5 minutes, or more importantly, being able to move the time slider to choose what part of the show to play. The 30 second jump is just not enough control to jump to the last 15 minutes of a 2 hour podcast.
    • Speaking of Android Auto, I wish there was a way to integrate the ChargePoint app so I could easily find local available charging sites.
    • Oddly, speaking of the above problem, the HondaLink app shows local charging stations and their status, but this only works on the phone, but not on the display screen. Why?
    • Getting the radio on is needlessly cumbersome. I did eventually find a shortcut, which is to go to the home screen, click on source and then select FM. If anyone knows of a fast way, please let me know. On our old CRV I can just hit the ‘FM’ button on the dash. Even on the steering wheel there are multiple steps to get the radio on using the buttons. Very annoying.
    I’d be interested to hear of fixes to any of these, or recommendations for apps or widgets to get around any of these problems. Thanks...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tim

tim Member

Regarding selecting FM, I find it faster to use the steering wheel up-down buttons to select between Bluetooth and FM (and XM, while I had the free subscription). I also use the similar left-right buttons to switch among preset radio stations, as well as songs on my phone when using Bluetooth.

KentuckyKen and amy2421 like this.
  4. amy2421

amy2421 Active Member

On some of the screens there is a small "Source" button at the top then you can just press FM on the screen, but I agree with tim above and usually use the up/down arrow on the left side of the steering wheel to switch between USB and XM radio.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  5. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

Yes, one "down" push with my left thumb and I have FM radio.