Clue about switch to Intel and software update

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by 101101, Dec 1, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

In many ways mobile eye set back was biggest set back for Tesla and my thought is it was driven by mid east petrol shilling on the one hand and by Tesla's intent to take everything verticle and divest partners.

Now the switch from mobile eye to nvidia to Intel is interesting in the context of the newest very basic model 3 software upgrade
    because we know that Intel acquired the mobile eye IP for 15 billion. Do these basic software releases say something beyond Model really is getting ready for mass release , do they say Tesla needed better access to the mobile eye tech strained through Intel.

I'd be concerned about Intel because its a firm that still relies heavily for its IP on the same country that may have been involved with any of the pushing on mobile eye for petrol shilling. The Model 3 is a disaster for petrol. Why leave front runner Nvidia for Intel with the model 3 unless some spill over still. I think what mobile eye did was provide self driving in a smaller compute foot print and that allowed for earlier access to the tech which attracted Tesla. With Intel Tesla will have to do what Apple did with Intel and this juggling looks like what happened when Jobs went from Power PC (mobile eye) to Intel, to inhouse Apple by taking some of the Power PC IBM and Freescale team with Papermaster. Tesla already did this with the Waymo guy. Same pattern.

2. To remove this ad click here.