Cloud 9 Commercial

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by dstrauss, May 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Just watching National Treasure on SciFi Channel and Honda has a new commercial with the characters from Cloud 9 - the manager explains what the Clarity PHEV is and range anxiety - which the other characters don't understand until he gives a good simple explanation - WAY TO GO HONDA.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Thanks dstrauss. Just put this and next showing on record so I can fast forward through it and hopefully catch the commercial.

4. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Thank you Mark. You da man!

Demian Johnston likes this.
  6. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Just saw the Cloud 9 commerical. It is funny how short the camera on the actual car. I guess whoever made the commercial didn't like the look of the car either. LOL

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. dstrauss

Anything is better than that first "Beyond the Battery" commercial - no one understood what it was about.

9. LAF

LAF Active Member

It’s absolutely incredible Honda does not emphasize the car gets 50 miles on a charge so unless you go on a long trip you never need gas. That is what distinguishes it from most plug-ins

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Johnhaydev likes this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

After watching that 30-second spot at least 30 times (I'm impressed how often it runs on the shows I watch), I believe the ad does it's job. It's trying to appeal to people who are wondering if an EV is right for them. "Runs on electric, and has gas--if you need it," suggests that most of one's driving will be on battery power even though it doesn't specify the car's EV range. It also addresses the EV bugaboo, "range anxiety" (invented by Chevy). That's a lot of info to pack into a 30-second spot and anyone who's is thinking of an EV car will quickly be able to find more info without working very hard--unless, of course, they try to get that info from their local dealer.

When's the last time you saw a commercial for the Chevy Volt? I think GM has given up on this car--I've read suggestions that it will be discontinued rather than updated. I'm surprised they haven't plopped the Volt's drivetrain into their Equinox crossover.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    lordsutch likes this.
  11. dstrauss

The same would be true to drop the Clarity drive train into the CR-V - these would both be game changers and would pick up so many families that have left sedans for good.

Johnhaydev likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.