Cleaning the Engine bay

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by MRYFLYGUY, Oct 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

Has anyone cleaned the motor & motor bay yet? I'm a bit reluctant use a pressure washer and water but maybe it's okay?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I've had numerous occasions to have to clean out the cedar foliage from the various drain points under the bonnet, and I've used a wand with regular water pressure. That doesn't seem to have done any damage (knock on wood). I've taken those opportunities to wipe the dust off all the plastic (another place where 303 comes in handy).

4. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

The SE engine bay contains a lot of soft/absorbent sound dampening material that doesn't exist in the gasoline versions AFAIK. That would be my concern. Following.

5. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

My first principle about engine bay to keep clean is to never aloud to be dirty for so 219D44FB-98F5-44CA-8E1A-901C1AE79D79.jpeg C0C48275-7F9F-4A1E-9A52-61C234EA462C.jpeg long.I clean them about 4 times a year wiping with cleaner/ protection like 303 and wipe dry .Using water with so many electrical connectors as they really good protected is still in not in my book bc water can stay there for weeks starting corrosion .Subaru 4 years old SE 10 months / pictures

Matt007b likes this.
  6. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

If you keep the hood closed, the engine bay will be as clean as when you bought it. Just don't open it to check :p

carrrl, Rogwp, revorg and 1 other person like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Just not being lazy:eek:

9. I detail my cars for fun *shrugs* - I did a light cleaning to get some dust and dirt out..mostly just surface cleaning and using Meguire's ultimate black (or any other detailing product on plastic..) with some rags.. I'd avoid the orange cables or any high pressure wash with all the connectors in there.