Clarity won't charge to full

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hgear, Jul 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hgear

Hgear New Member

Last few days temperature was over 30C. On a hot day outside L2 charging, it was stopped charging after it reached 70%. Anyone had experienced this situation? Or Clarity trying to protect itself from the battery over heating?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

Mine has occasionally slowed down in the heat, but not stopped. Perhaps the commands from the charger in the Clarity are not being accepted by the EVSE? What brand of EVSE are you using? Mine is ChargePoint.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

30c = a spring day here. :confused: I suspect the charger first, car second. Is the 70% reading coming from an app or the car's display or both?

5. Hgear

Hgear New Member

It was charging from Enviro Spark charging station. 70% reading was from the App.
    I was able to charge to full using OEM charging
    Plug on household 110V outlet.

6. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

This is suspiciously similar to the Chargepoint dual chargers when two cars are connected. On mine, either when the next car is connected and the current tries to step down or when the other car finishes charging and the current tries to step up, occasionally the Clarity will stop charging, even if not fully charged. Maybe this is similar in that the current tried to change, either up or down due to the heat, and the Clarity just said I'm done. The optional Charging SB might help if this is the case....

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Just curious. Have you had the update for charging problems installed?
    It’s SB 18-097. Or is yours new enough to already have the updated SBs from the factory?