Clarity Trunk Space

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Viking79, Dec 23, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

aperson, Domenick and Tiralc like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FrameFlipper

FrameFlipper New Member

Brilliant -- storage capacity was a major factor in our purchase decision.

Sounds like the Model 3 might shine in this regard, with relatively generous front & back storage spaces.

4. JyChevyVolt

JyChevyVolt Active Member

How about getting a rack?

PS. Kdawg said he could fit a 57" TV inside his Volt.

5. Viking79

The Model 3 will be okay, but the trunk in the Clarity is 15.4 Cubic Feet, and the Model 3 is listed as 15 total (between front and back trunks).

6. Viking79

I bet 57" is about the limit, the 55" was pretty tight. I could still drive, but had to adjust the steering wheel forward, etc.

Roof racks hurt gas mileage significantly, but it would always be an option. My opinion is most electronics can be purchased with free delivery... ;)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. FrameFlipper

FrameFlipper New Member

Yeah, I suppose the practicality of distributed storage depends on the intended use -- for instance, separating recreational supplies from luggage. To be fair, I think the Clarity is about eight inches longer than the Model 3. (192.7" vs. 184.8", respectively)

Btw, really enjoyed the review.

9. JyChevyVolt

JyChevyVolt Active Member

It's a good option to have for IKEA runs. I mean, how many TV are you going to buy in 10 years? TVs are getting bigger and bigger. I get most of my stuff delivered.

Every problem is a solution waiting to be discovered.

10. Tiralc

Tiralc Active Member

Good comparisons. Once, I had to pick up a 5 Cu ft freezer while waiting for a new fridge. It just fit in the Gen 2 Volt with the hatch normally closed and locked, and I hope the new fridge will last for many years! I like the fuzzy red hat!

I am hopeful for my general needs that the wider space will work out well, too bad it narrows, oh well.

Now, I have to go back to my installer and reclaim my OEM Michelins, so will see how four tires fit in the trunk. I think they may all fit without putting the seats down.