Clarity Shift Paddle - Broken

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by theskydiveguy, Sep 16, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. theskydiveguy

theskydiveguy New Member

Hello All,

My driverside paddle has given up. It started to go about a week ago and has finally quit.

Has anyone replaced it? I have found parts diagrams but I am unsure if the paddle has the switch built in or is it the entire paddle? Any advice?

Thanks

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~sw~assy~nh167l~78565-tea-a81zg.html?vin=&make=Honda&model=Clarity%20Plug-In%20Hybrid&year=2018&submodel=&extra1=4%20Door%20PLUGIN%20(CLARITY%20PHEV)&extra2=KA%20CVT&filter=()&location=chassis/steering_wheel,4241069,10

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I have not replaced the part. The part that you have referenced is described as a “Switch Assembly”. It would be reasonable to conclude that a switch is built in to the assembly.

My advice would be, that without confirming that the switch assembly is the failed component, you may be spending time and money replacing a component that does not need to be replaced.

4. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  5. MeNerdHair

MeNerdHair New Member

Same issue here. Dead switch. Replacement requires pulling the steering wheel to get at a pair of screws on the back side, but is straightforward after that. You'll need a torque wrench and a new bolt to reinstall the wheel.

6. MeNerdHair

MeNerdHair New Member

Update: replaced the switch. Turns out I read the diagram wrong and you don't actually need to pull the steering wheel. You do need to pry up some trim that's very stuck in there and feels like it's screwed in, though. (Airbag still needs to come out, though.)

7. To remove this ad click here.