Clarity Seats....uncomfortable?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by NJClarity, Jun 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NJClarity

NJClarity Member

Does anyone else wish the Clarity front seats had lumbar support? I do squirm around some days trying to find a comfortable position. Have found my Toyota vehicles to have more comfortable seats. Just doesn’t seem like a good place where Honda should have cut costs.

glockgirl likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. barnesgj

barnesgj Active Member

I came from a Toyota Avalon and I think the Clarity seats are more comfortable. I cannot speak to how well they manage long trips, but for my local driving I prefer these and have not missed the lack of lumbar support. They do seem a bit smaller, so it may be a matter of how they fit.

4. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

I find the Clarity seats extremely comfortable - but I have seen critical comments before about the lumbar support. I'm quite tall, and don't generally find most lumbar support hits me in the right spot.

Kerbe and DaleL like this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Drove Midland TX to New Orleans LA and far more comfortable than our Toyota Highlander.

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

I often remark to my wife how comfortable I find the Clarity seats, even on long trips.

DaleL and AnthonyW like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Nope, don't miss the lumbar support at all. But, everyone is made differently, so you may want to find something to put on the seat back to minimize the "squirminess".

9. Eagle51

Eagle51 New Member

I have lower back issues and I find the seats very comfortable and the lumbar support area to be well suited for me. Much more comfortable than my Maxima that has an adjustable lumbar support. I feel Honda did a fine job with these seats.

4sallypat, dstrauss and jdonalds like this.
  10. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

Found the seats just fine during a 1200 mile road trip. Everyday driving is downright luxurious. Of course it would have been nice to have adjustable lumbar support. There were a lot of compromises to keep the cost (and weight) down but I think Honda did a good job on those decisions.

DaleL and AnthonyW like this.
  11. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

I also find the seats fine, but I'm not used to lumbar support so might not have . My big worry was that the seats felt short (relative to my old 2003 Accord), so I wasn't sure about thigh support. Driving it for a while it seemed OK, but this was another reason I got the Touring, since it was known to have power tilt for the seat itself (I believe the Base does not have seat tilt at all, though not 100% sure). In the end, no problems.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I too find the seats very comfortable but with a previous back injury I miss having adjustable lumbar support. I tried a lumbar pillow support and found some were too thick. I had to go with a thinner squishier one and found I only need it for long trips.
    Almost felt like we have some some small amount of lumbar support built in.

14. oko

oko Member

I traded in my 13 Altima with Clarity. We frequently do Austin-Houston driving. I never felt uncomfortable on Altima during those, but felt pretty uncomfortable after 2 hours on Clarity. This was the *only* time I missed my Altima.

15. allmaya

allmaya New Member

Like Oko, about two hours into the drive from the dealership in Corpus to my home in Austin, I realized that I made a big mistake buying this car because of the seats. Simply put, the flat seat bottom is only 12" between the two bolsters. In my Maxima, they are 13", and that one inch makes all the difference.

The dealer wouldn't take the car back, so today I looked at Momo racing seats, which sit like a dream. But they are $1,500 installed for one or $2,500 for two.

I have the base model Clarity and otherwise love the car. There is no way I can get comfortable in these seats. Did you ever buy a pair of shoes that was too tight? In six months, they are still too tight!

16. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Totally subjective. For me the seats are very comfortable.

17. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I have the base model and I use a tapered pillow backward to give me more thigh support - This has made the seat excellent for me.

18. aaronj1159

aaronj1159 New Member

I think the lumbar support built in is actually about as good as I got in my previous car, where it was adjustable. My main issue is that I feel like i'm riding so high in the car, can't lower the butt portion of the seat anymore than it is. I'm slowly acclimating to this but I still find myself checking each time I get in the car, as if it's been auto-adjusted while I was gone.

19. HagerHedgie

HagerHedgie Member

For me the seats are bad. It bothers my lower back after a long day on the road. The ride makes up for it somewhat. Everyone is shaped a little different so some will think they are perfect. My Prius seat fit me like a glove.

20. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

No complaints here with the seats in my base model. They are as good or better than my Subaru Outback seats were.

21. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Same here - no complaints about the seats in the base model.
    I love my Clarity seats - took a 8 hour cross state drive and did not feel any discomfort.
    They are so much more comfortable than the BMW's hard leather seating or the Land Rover's fancy 12 position seat controls w/ lumbar!

22. Savido

Savido New Member

I am quite tall and I find the seats very comfortable, even on long trips where I am sitting for four hours or longer. The seats would be perfect with adjustable lumbar supports.

23. KClark

KClark Active Member

I agree with allmaya, I find the seats a little too narrow between the side bolsters but for me it’s minor and after a few months of driving it seems less intrusive.