Clarity PHEV owners poll

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by AlanSqB, Feb 19, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

What is your previous EV experience before buying the Clarity PHEV?

1. A:The Clarity is my first Electric Vehicleof any type.

70.7%
  2. A:I previously owned a Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) (E.g. Chevy Volt, Plug in Prius)

12.2%
  3. A:I previously owned a full Electric Vehicle (EV) (e.g. Nissan Leaf, Tesla, Fiat 500e,BMW i3)

12.2%
  4. A:I previously owned an EV with a Range EXtender (REX) (BMW i3 REX)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. B:I previously intended to buy a different Electric Vehicle but selected the Clarity PHEV instead

34.1%
  6. B:I was waiting to buy the Clarity or a similar Honda product as it became available.

14.6%
  7. B:I was not planning to buy an EV but the Clarity was too compelling.

24.4%
  8. C:Federal/state rebates were a factor in my purchase decision.

85.4%
  9. D:I purchased the Touring model.

78.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

Curious about the previous EV experience of our fellow Clarity owners. I am coming from a Leaf and never really planned to buy the Clarity until I drove it. The rest is (recent) history.

Multi select. Pick all appropriate responses. I don’t normally start threads so tell me if I missed anything or if it’s too annoying :)

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Many of us are former Prius owners folks...;)

glockgirl, AlanSqB and jdonalds like this.
  4. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

Ugh. I meant to add in a non-plug hybrid question but forgot. Too late to edit :-(

5. erwheezy

erwheezy New Member

Picked up a Touring this weekend. It will eventually will replace an eGolf once we receive our HOV stickers.

AlanSqB likes this.
  6. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

We still own a 2013 Nissan Leaf, the Clarity replaces a 2010 Prius V. Our 240v charger now does double duty in our garage.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Still own a 2012 Volt, Clarity was to replace the minivan. A vast majority of time we only had 4 in our minivan, the Clarity will still work for long trips for 5, but we did choose to give up some comfort for those 1 or 2 times a year we do that. The decision came down to Clarity or Pacifica Hybrid, decided we really didn't need the extra space from the minivan most of the time. No other EV in the price class would have worked, and really like the long electric range on the Clarity.

AlanSqB likes this.
  9. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

I was set on getting a 2018 Nissan Leaf and I've been waiting over a year for it, but when my wife and I sat in the Clarity it became clear that this would be a better fit for our family, with two rapidly growing kids. My wife felt claustrophobic in the backseat of the Leaf.

AlanSqB and dstrauss like this.
  10. Johngalt6146

Johngalt6146 Active Member

I have been interested in the Volt for years, but it was never sold in my area. When the Clarity was announced, I checked the specs and local availability, got a test drive, and immediately bought one.

AlanSqB likes this.
  11. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I’ve wanted a PHEV but the Volt was just too small for me. Didn’t know about the Clarity till one week ago and now I’m driving one.

loomis2 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.