Clarity on display

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tim66, Mar 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

My hometown, Columbus OH, has been awarded $50 million grant by the USG for the Smart Cities Initiative. The goal, "...embracing the reinvention of transportation to accelerate human progress. And with it, the responsibility to be a teacher for cities as they evolve around the world." At their information center in downtown Columbus they have a Clarity and a Tesla on display. If you make pre arrangements you can test drive either or both cars. They are not dealer cars, just part if the initiative. A friend of mine stopped in to the visitor center to see what it was all about. He mentioned he had a PHEV (my old Volt) and they gave him a goody bag with some nice articles in it. Nice to see the Clarity being chosen along side the Tesla as examples of Smart transportation.
    https://smart.columbus.gov/Get-Involved/Experience-Center/

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. dGarry48

dGarry48 Member

That's a great initiative and no wonder Clarity would be a good choice.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hmmm. Doesn't Honda represent a significant percentage of Ohio's automobile manufacturing industry? The question is how the Tesla got in there.

5. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Whether you like Tesla cars or not one cannot deny that Tesla has jump started the electrified vehicle revolution by making luxury EV cars that the mainstream public desires.

Plus it makes sense to include Tesla. The Tesla attracts people’s attention then they see the Clarity is far more practical at a fraction of the price. I am ok with it.

NaughtyNeutron and Tim66 like this.
  6. insightman

I like Tesla cars--the only thing I have against the company is their refusal to put driver info in front of the driver. A Tesla is a sexy BEV, but why not the affordable Leaf? I was simply pointing out that the reasons the Clarity was picked can be found in Liberty, Anna, and Marysville, Ohio (even though the Clarity is made in Japan), and joking that Tesla was lucky to be included based on the lack or Tesla factories or even dealers in Ohio.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

Just FYI, there are Tesla dealers in Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati.

9. insightman

My bad. I read that Tesla was closing their dealerships, but it appears that was not true. Are there Nissan Leaf dealerships in Columbus?

10. Mariner91

Mariner91 Member

Regardless of pretty much anything, I am not sure anyone can talk about EV of any form without Tesla being included

11. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

There at least 4 Nissan dealers in the Columbus area. I would assume they have Leafs on the lot or could get them rather quickly.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Marketing. Telsas models are: S3XY.

pun intended