Clarity is no longer connecting to the satellite connection

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by BinaryIdiot, Sep 4, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BinaryIdiot

BinaryIdiot New Member

CA
    I've owned my 2019 Clarity for about 3 weeks now. I love the car but today the satellite icon on the infotainment screen just flashes and the app can no longer connect to it. Has anyone had this issue before?

I feel like it's probably related to me restarting my infotainment display last night (I just found the key combination last night and tried it not, had no idea what it would do beyond restarting it) but I didn't see any options for fixing / resetting this.

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BinaryIdiot

BinaryIdiot New Member

CA
    I can't update my previous message but it looks like it was related to the latest iOS update as it made multiple apps not function correctly anymore but still got notifications. After uninstalling and reinstalling the app it worked as expected.

I don't know why the connect icon on the infotainment display flashes though, it seems to connect and update.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

The satellite icon on the top of the info-tainment screen is the GPS indicator. Mine sometimes flashes in a garage, telling me that it’s still searching for enough satellites to be able to get an accurate location fix.
    Was your car under cover at this time? If so, just park or grove it outside for a bit and I bet it will correct itself.

Many GPS units will remember their last location so they can find the satellites quicker on the next start up. (Correct time, present location, and a little trigonometry tell the unit what satellites are in range,) I don’t know for sure if the Garmin based unit in our Claritys does this but most do and I hardly get the blinking in my garage anymore. But I did get it after disconnecting the 12V battery and once in an underground parking garage.

Kerbe likes this.