Clarity Fuel Cell and PHEV being discontinued

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by MarkClarity, Jun 15, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Huh? The Odyssey is a minivan...

4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Too bad. The PHEV Clarity is the best car I've ever owned.

5. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

It makes much more sense when you realize they’re talking about the Japanese market. Not, the US.

Pegsie and JFon101231 like this.
  6. Sthomasa

Sthomasa Member

Agree. Best car in all ways i have owned.
    Cheapest to operate, deep discount, tax credits, car pool lane, gas or electric, acc, long warranty in CA.
    I guess too good to be true.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

I'll wait to see news referring to US versions

Pegsie likes this.
  9. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

The article is about the three vehicles (Clarity, Legend and Odyssey) not being moved to another plant when the Sayama plant in Japan shuts down in March 2022. Since all Clarities are made in that plant, that is the end of production. The Odyssey built in Japan is a smaller version compared to the North American built version.

Walt R likes this.
  10. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

What do you guys think would be impact on the price of the car(used and existing new ones) ?

I do see used volt still actively purchased by folks. Prices may hold for used cars after a point, given that this is a solid car, long battery warranty etc.

Personally, I am interested to see if I can upgrade my 2020 clarity to 2021, now that I have also obtained my tax refund ;)

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

11. ICanBreakIt

ICanBreakIt New Member

I wonder how this will impact part availability. Does anyone know if the Clarity shares an AC condenser with other models?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

I been in the market lately and prices are, umm lets just say, volatile. My Clarity trade-in value has gone up by thousands over the last few weeks like most other used late model, low miles vehicles. The bad news is my local dealers are now tacking on thousands to any new vehicle they still have on the lot too.

14. Three months ago, when I bought my used 2018 Clarity, I thought I might be buying an orphan. I've done that before. I just didn't think it would be this soon.

JFon101231 likes this.
  15. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

If they shut it down in March 2022 that means there will be more allocation, perhaps even a 2022 model.

16. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Nobody has identified any commonality between the Clarity condenser and any other models...

However, another forum member did find what appears to be an aftermarket equivalent here:
    https://www.carid.com/pacific-best/a-c-condenser-mpn-pc30151.html?singleid=3857654155

I am not aware of anyone who actually tried this however, so it is unclear whether it is real. It is a very good price compared to the Honda original part...