Chevrolet Silverado EV pricing

Discussion in 'Silverado EV' started by Domenick, Jun 26, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Chevy Silverado Ev First Drive's have just happened and along with initial impressions (covered in this thread), we now have pricing and it may be a little disappointing for some. This is not a cheap truck. Or, as @Tom Moloughney put it in his post, The $40,000 Chevy Silverado EV WT Is Dead.

Originally, Chevrolet had estimated the Silverado EV WT (Work Truck) would start at $40,000 but that turns out to have been pretty optimistic. The cheapest variant we know of so far, is the Silverado EV 3WT - $74,800. Next up is the Silverado EV 4WT at $79,800 (the 4WT has the full size battery with 450 miles of EPA range and is already in production).

The Silverado EV RST will be available for retail customers this Fall and starts at $106,895.

There will be other retail trim levels coming available over the next year or so, so there will be more affordable options, but we don't expect a retail trim as cheap as the lowest-priced WT, sadly.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. What is on sale now is the two top trim WTs. There should be a 1WT and a 2WT in the lineup as well eventually.

Domenick likes this.
  4. I wish I could find some official information on models, pricing, range, charging speed, configuration, etc. I signed up for the $100 reserve at my local dealer, but when I went there, the salesperson seemed to know nothing at all. She eventually disappeared for some time, and then the sales manager appeared. He seemed to know nothing either. I did finally figure out that the 3WT and 4WT probably would not be available to regular customers, but I'm not even sure of that. What I want to know is when a model with the 400-mile range will be available to regular customers, and whether the cost with the extendable midgate bed will come in below the $80,000 limit for the federal tax credit. I currently drive a Hyundai Ioniq 5, but I had to keep my old Honda Element for things like hauling gasoline cans, hay, and 10-foot-long pipes. It would be nice to have a vehicle that could do it all. I thought the Ford Lightning might fill the bill, but it has less range and slower charging than my Ioniq 5, and the bed is a ridiculous 5.5 feet.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
  5. Yeah, the WT Siverado EVs are only available to fleets. For retail customers, so far we only know about the RST trim which is way over $80K coming this fall. Hopefully, other more affordable trims will be announced by this Fall for next Spring.

6. One more thing I'm wondering about: With the changes in the tax credit that started last summer, will the Silverado even meet the U.S. manufacturing requirement? That is, where are they getting their batteries, and where will they be manufactured?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The batteries will come from one of the US-based factories GM has built to produce Ultium cells in partnership with LG.