Chattanooga-Produced AWD ID.4 "In the Wild"

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by VeeDub'r, Mar 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. No extraordinary details to reveal here.

The test engineer was working so I tried not to bother her too much, but she DID confirm that this unit WAS built here in Chattanooga.

The "gun-metal gray" color is what immediately caught my eye. (It's the color I would have FAR preferred to have purchased for my own ID.4 had it been available.)

CHA-Produced ID4.jpg

Domenick and ericy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I am still happy with the blue, but if the grey had been available I might have gotten it

Can you imagine having that job? Just drive around all day, charge, eat, sleep, repeat..

4. LOL ... I suspect the job entails plenty of the more "mundane / tedious / less-fun" tasks too.

(e.g. Test Plan Development and Report Writing)

5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

No doubt - the whole point of this is to log every little glitch and fault. I imagine that every charge session gets logged as well.

6. anoop1

anoop1 New Member

I'd have been interested in what the redesigned interior looks like. :)

Also, given that production has stopped at Zwickau, does that mean production in Chattanooga gets delayed as well?

I have placed an order for an id.4 because I wanted to get in line and got an email this morning saying basically that because of the situation in Ukraine, VW has no idea when I will be contacted to confirm my order and secure a build spot (the part where you put an additional $400 down).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dave Folts

Dave Folts New Member

My read of the VW electrification plan is that ID.4 production is now underway in a plant in Emden - convenient for Ro-Ro ships at that port city to take export production to the VW port facility in Houston.

I found it interesting that the Zwickau plant was where the Trabant was built in the DDR (GDR) days. A fine example of a central planning people's car.

9. samej

samej New Member

saw in the news today VW was hoping to fire back up production within a month in Europe.