Charging Weirdness

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Ed V, Nov 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ed V

Ed V New Member

Last night when my wife came home she plugged in the Kona. I have my Chargepoint Flex set to go from 11pm to 7am. The Bluelink app is set to stop charging at 80%. Every morning after charging it usually is at 80 or 79%.
    This morning when I started the car I got a notice that the charge last night was interrupted. It said possible power outage. Also it stopped the preheating because of this. I started investigating and there was no outage. What I did find was the Blue Link App reverted to 100% charging ! So I believe that the Chargepoint went off at 7am and the car was not fully charged to 100% and gave me this warning. Does that sound right?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sounds plausible. Although the charge would have had to have been very low upon starting the charge for it to have taken 8 hours charging and still not have reached 100% in that time.

4. I just put in a ChargePoint Flex as well and i received the same message numerous times since starting to use it today. It’s the Bluelink app that tells me that, but the ChargePoint app says it’s still charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. Message I keep getting. But isn’t is still charging.

MyHyundai
    1h ago
    Electric Vehicle Charge Alarm
    was processed. Your vehicle is
    not charging because of a
    connection failure. Possible
    reasons include: blackout,
    payment incompletion, charging
    stop button enabled. 12/09/2021,
    05:59 pm EST.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs