charging stations appearing on map

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by davidbike, Dec 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. davidbike

davidbike New Member

I have been lurking on this site since I ordered my se in August. It arrived this week and has exceeded expectations in all aspects. My wife even grudgingly allows me to drive it. The transition to the car has been seamless thanks to the information that is exchanged on this site, and I thank everyone for their camaraderie to each other and the free flow of information.

The map initially displayed only petrol stations. I went to options and checked charging stations and unchecked petrol. Many local charging stations are listed, so the system knows they are here. However, only two appear on the map.The petrol stations are gone. I live in central Florida near Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville, and no charging stations appear on the map in those metropolitan centers.

I have gone through the process numerous times, with no change in outcome. The Einstein quote about insanity is starting to become a reality.

Thanks for any help.

A good New Year to all.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Plugshare is brilliant resource for charging locations, but be prepared for the vast array of charging networks!

If you want to expand your charging network, you could also look into a Tesla to J1772 adapter to access the Tesla destination chargers (not supercharger). The 2020+ Gen 3 chargers (white ones) usually are hit and miss depending on the adapter. Some brands include the Lectron 48A or Teslatap.

endquote and Urbanengineer like this.