Charging Solterra

Discussion in 'Solterra' started by WesternNYSolterra, Oct 23, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. WesternNYSolterra

WesternNYSolterra New Member

Driving a 2023 AWD Solterra since August 2023 and love it. Leased $399/mo for an AWD EV not a bad deal. It's comfortable, quick and pretty to look at. For me it's been a daily driver - ~40 miles round trip topped off overnight with a Wallbox level 2 charger. I set the car to 80% max charge. Not yet needed to fast charge. However, took a longer trip recently and got back home with 16 miles left. Now, it's plugged in the level 2 charger and and the estimate to full charge is nearly 2 days. This seems like a lot of time, definitely can't drive it the next day to work. My normal work days it tops off in 2 hours so I assumed it would be 2hr × 4 since I used four times the miles - 8 hours to charge for using around 160 miles. Apparently not. I hope to hear from wise people here who can explain this or let me know if this is not right.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Makes no sense. I charge my Solterra regularly in my garage and it easily charges to full overnight. Tell us more about your EVSE charger. How many amps is it? Do you have a link for it?

Also check the charge current limit settings on your car. It is possible that it was set really low. Should be set to max for A/C charging.

electriceddy likes this.